We are busy preparing content for the small publisher or author (traditional or self-published) that recognize the need to treat the published book as a business. We’ll be presenting a map to success from this page, which will become the portal to The Toolbox. What’s the toolbox, you might ask? It’s all that you’ll need to be successful in this business. Here are some of the categories:
- Starting a Publishing/Writing Business
- The Process: from Writing through Production
- Bowker, Books-in-Print and Bookstore/Library Databases
- The Distribution Chain: from Printing through Retailers to Readers
- The Importance of Branding
- The Author Website
- Social Media and the Internet Presence
- The Marketing Plan
- Exit Strategies
We’ll roll out these Ten Tools on January 1, 2017. Each section will include video tutorials, articles and helpful advice, and we’ll be adding a forum where you can connect with others who are traveling the same road so you can share experiences. You can choose to go through them in the sequence listed above or skip to those that interest you most. And every step along the way, you’ll have a guided tour and a Visitor Center where you can ask questions.
If you haven’t yet joined our mailing list, you’ll definitely want to so you’ll be kept up to date on all the exciting tips and tools we’ll be providing to make your journey fun and successful.